Current Release (25.04.2023)
- Hot Desking has arrived! All bookings in desk.ly can now be made in 15 minute intervals.
- The new feature can be enabled and disabled per location as desired or required. If disabled, you can continue to use desk.ly as before.
- Your users are no longer restricted to just three time frames and "whole day", they can book an available resource anytime they like in a "Custom" time frame (e.g. 10:15 to 12:45).
- The preset time frames are still there for quick access to the most used periods and can be configured per location.
- All automations of our useful Check-in feature (mail notifications, deletions of unconfirmed bookings) naturally respect the new flexible booking times. You have flexible working hours? No problem, Check-in always applies to the exact start time of each individual booking made through Hot Desking.
- The Admin Analytics Dashboard results can now be filtered by seating plan for even more fine grained statistics.
- Duplicate usage of domains over multiple accounts can now be prevented. In the domain administration, for every configured domain, a new option can be unset to secure the respective domain to the current account.
- Added the option to disable all preset time frames (previously, at least one time frame had to be active). Now it is possible to configure that only "whole day" bookings can be made. As before, this is a per location setting.
- The QR code PDF layout has been updated and modernized. It should now optimally use the page space available and adds more useful information next to each QR code. The new 6x2 grid allows printing on standardized label formats (for example "Avery 3424" or "Herma 4363").
- (Note: The QR codes themselves are technically still the same and old codes continue to work!)
- All bookings are now grouped by user in "Who is on the office?" - no more duplicate names!
Release - 15.03.2023
- The booking export now allows filtering with a date range, so the desired bookings to be exported can now be selected much easier.
- With Check-in enabled in System Settings, the booking export contains a column showing the check-in state of the bookings.
- With Check-in enabled, the booking overview shows the current Check-in state of the user's bookings.
- Significantly improved the display of tooltips on the maps, so they are not hidden behind the edge of the canvas anymore.
- E-mails from desk.ly now always have the sender name “desk.ly” instead of an empty name or “no-reply”.
- When deleting the final booking in a month on the booking overview, the deleted booking also disappears visually right away and the overview is now reset properly to an "empty" state.
- A few small bugfixes have been made to improve the general usability of desk.ly.
Release - 20.02.2023
Check-in Feature Expansion
- A new setting for the Check-in feature has been added that automatically clears booked resources when they have not been confirmed until 30 minutes into the start of the booking.
- Users are reminded 15 minutes before the start of unconfirmed booking by email to confirm (check in) their booking (push notifications in the mobile apps coming at a later date).
- Moved the options "Check-in" and "Book for others" into the "Booking" block on the system settings page.
- Scanning of QR-Codes has been optimized and further validations have been added both on the mobile web and app version of desk.ly.
- Maps no longer have unnecessary whitespace around them. Tooltips orient themselves accordingly to stay visible.
- In all calendars for all languages, weeks now always start on Monday.
- Declining calendar invitations for bookings (e.g. in Outlook or Google Mail) no longer automatically remove the corresponding bookings in desk.ly itself. (This was too often a reason for confusion through missing bookings (especially combined with automatic decline) and rarely brought value to the booking experience.)
- Added more specific error messages during login when the user's account has not yet been activated through the initial email or has been disabled by an administrator.
- Resource (seats, zones) names are now limited to a maximum of 50 characters to prevent display issues in several places. Existing names have not been shortened automatically, but will need to be shortened manually when edited the next time.
Release - 17.01.2023
- The whole booking overview has been reworked and optimized and we've improved the user experience. Seat and zone bookings are now shown together in the same list. The visuals have been updated to the current version of our cards like on the "Who is in the office" page. After booking for another user, the booking overview is immediately filtered to that user's bookings. Furthermore, we made a few small bugfixes.
- Users who have not yet set a primary area are shown a tip after booking to choose a primary area for an even faster booking experience.
- The booking export now also contains the creation date of the bookings.
Release - 10.01.2023
- Added the currently booked resource information to the smartphone app start page.
- Resources are now filtered alphabetically on the booking page list.
- Fixed positioning of the "no results found" message on the "Who is in the office" page.
- Fixed an issue, where in some cases the booking date in the confirmation/invitation mail was off by one day.
- Fixed an issue where in rare cases user deletion was not possible.
- Fixed an issue where QR codes for resources with very long names sometimes overflowed across the page break.
- Fixed many small (mostly invisible) bugs and improved general frontend performance and stability.
Release - 22.11.2022
- When uploading new and updated seating plan images, existing resources and their bookings are no longer deleted automatically. Changes in the pixel size/format of the image will however in most cases still require manual repositioning of the resources.
- The selected primary area is now the default filter on the "Who is in the office?" page.
- Improved visibility of the selected user on the seating maps.
- Raised the limit of the exportable lines in the booking export to 10.000 and ordered by booking date, not creation date.
- To make more space for relevant elements, we removed titles from some pages (Booking overview, Who is in the office).
- Several general technical and performance improvements.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes teams were not being displayed on users when there were more than ten teams in one department.
- Fixed an issue where locations where sometimes missing and not usable for new features in the administration UI.
- Fixed an issue with older QR codes that failed to scan in the mobile app.
- The booking list in the administration area now also shows zone bookings.
- Six more small bugfixes for special edge cases.
Release - 09.11.2022
- Users in Trial accounts now also always need a license to be able to use desk.ly. This allows administrators of Trial accounts to more specifically control which users may use desk.ly, for example for users that were automatically created using a SSO login method (Hint: Disable “Assign free licences automatically” in Licence overview).
- Fixed an issue with not being able to book for another user while having already booked for oneself
- Fixed an issue with the language switching back to German after a Single-Sign-On login
- Fixed an issue while removing preferred seats
- Fixed an issue where the check-in prompt on the home page would return even after a successful check-in
- Improved scrolling speed in the list “Who is in the office” when clicking on a seat on the map
- Optimized performance of the initial loading screen
Release - 26.10.2022
- New resource type: Zones! Add zones to your maps for more open team spaces without specific and separate seats. Set a maximum capacity and let your coworkers book with more ease.
- Set your primary area/floor instead of primary location in your personal settings for an even faster booking experience!
- Administrators can now set the license status of all users in bulk via the user import. A new column has been added for this in the import template.
- Administrators can now see more detailed meta information when editing users.
- We reworked the map and list on "Who is in the office?". Also, profile pictures (if not available, then initials) are now shown on the seats of most maps.
- We updated all our icons for a cleaner look and added some new icons in the booking filters.
- We slightly updated the design of the calendar on the booking overview page to better show which days have bookings and which day is currently selected.
- We added a row "Active" to the user table in the Admin area to show more easily which users have been activated.
- Areas in the selection list on the page "Who is in the office?" now sorted alphabetically.
- QR codes now always link to the language used when creating the codes.
- Now showing floor and plan name on the maps.
- Color and custom subdomain settings restored on the system settings page.
- Dates in the calendar invite mails are now properly formatted according to the language of the recipient.
- 7 more minor bugfixes
Release - 23.09.2022
- Welcome mails are not sent to users who are marked as inactive on import. Those users will then receive the welcome mail when they are activated later.
- Added legacy OIDC (Company) login option (“Simple configuration”) for broader compatibility with different identity provider models.
- Finally fixed all-day calendar invites for (hopefully all versions of) Outlook.
- Increased robustness of permission model.
- Many small bugfixes.
Release - 13.09.2022
- Improved robustness and compatibility of OpenID Connect feature.
- Calendar filter now always jumps directly to the last selected date and does not start on "today" every time when opened.
- Improved and immediate feedback on the change password form.
- Chosen whitelabel colors now also apply to all illustrations.
- Scrollbars in certain lists now only appear when really needed.
- The login screen/overlay should now not get stuck anymore.
- Previously, all-day calendar invites appeared as 0:00 events in some Outlook versions with a duration of 0. This should now be fixed. Please try and report back to us if there are still issues with invites in your calendar apps.
- Fixed an issue with redirection to the initially requested page after successful login (for example for QR code links).
- Companies in Trial or Expired as well as Companies with a licence model (Enterprise) and 0 licences (all legacy companies) can now delete themselves again.